GWS stands for Glasgow and West of Scotland Wing Air Training Corps, as the name suggest we cover a vast area from Dunoon in the North to Girvan in the South, Dunoon in the West and Cumbernauld in the East.
Currently GWS Wing has 852 cadets serving in 25 Squadrons.
The Glasgow and West Scotland Wing was formed by the amalgamation of the Glasgow City Wing and West of Scotland Wing on 7 June 1948. It comprised 19 Squadrons of which 11 are still in existence today. At the end of 1974 the Wing took over responsibility for the northern Squadrons within the Dumfries Wing prior to it’s disbandment in 1975. The wing co
The Cadet Centre, Paisley TAC, 65 Hawkhead Road, Paisley. PA1 3NE | Phone 0141 887 3111 | Fax 0141 887 9555